Windows firewall is blocking ZT traffic

I’ve installed v1.4.6 onto Windows Server 2012 R2 which is running the database I wish to use. I can see that the ZT installer has created several firewall rules but with Windows firewall turned on, I can’t ping or use the db application. With the firewall off everything works.

I’m a bit stumped as to what to do next though. I can’t leave the server’s firewall off due to our company’s infosec policies.

Any help welcomed.

Thanks.

You’ll have to open the ports you need to access in the Windows Firewall for the ZeroTier adapter. See the windows firewall documentation on how to do this.

Hi Grant,

Apologies if this is a dumb question but, when you say the ports I need, do you mean the ports for the database application?

Hi Grant, what is your minimum term for the paid version please? I’m thinking of signing up for the professional plan so you can help me sort this issue out. If it works and my users are happy then we’ll continue to pay but if it doesn’t I’ll need to cancel. Is that OK?

Thanks

That’s beyond the level of support we provide. Considering you’re using Windows Server, it may be a domain wide Group Policy setting, or just a configuring the firewall on the individual machine.

Ok, thanks for getting back to me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.