Unstable connection

Any News in that case? I have the same issue on 1.6.1 on 192.168. Network behind Sophos Firewall…
BR
Dominik

hi, i have same problem.

1. installed last version ZT 1.6.2 on both osx machine
  2. one is connected with mobile access and the other with home connection.
  3. all machine are active and enable on ZT Network with two ip assigned
  4. one machine (connected with mobile connection) has firewall osx off
  5. if i try to ping from one machine to the other without firewall i get “Request timeout for icmp_seq …”

My goal is to use “screen sharing” on vnc://zero_tier_assigned_ip

I have to add something to managed rout on ZT Network Page?

I had this “sudden disconnect after a long while” problem on my Linux peer.

Two different things happened to me:

1. DHCP client performed a new resolv.conf which wrested wg-quick’s resolv.conf settings. This can happen during DHCP-RENEW or DHCP-REBIND packets.

2. NetworkManager fought with wg-quick over this same “resolv.conf” settings. This method can happen when any of the IP network interface does a “ifdown/ifup” or Ethernet carrier loss (unplugging/rep lugging) its CAT-5 cable).

Workarounds are:

1. If using ISC DHCP (dhclient) client, to remove the offending DHCP script in /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-scripts.d/

2. In NetworkManager, make the ‘wg’ connection interface “unmanaged”.

Problem is “dynamic” re-updating of your peer’s routing table. You can monitor this issue using ip route list and see the change.

More details in WireGuard in NetworkManager – Thomas Haller's Blog

I had the same problem.
I have two devices with zerotier. First was working perfectly but second was loosing connection after some time (minutes, sometime hours).
I resolved it by disabling UPNP service on access router.
UPNP on router was discovering zerotiers client and assigning ports, but after some time second client was no able to transmit over those binded ports.
I checked that UPNP deamon was not refreshing properly some bindings in NAT table of router.
I discovered the same behavior on different router from other vendor.
So my advice: disable UPNP becasue ZeroTier don’t need it to proper working. NAT-PMP is enough.

1 Like