Zerotier-cli shows 'Segmentation fault' on version 1.6.0

I can confirm that it fixes segmentation faults, but it’s still broken on Ubuntu. New issue I guess.

sudo zerotier-cli listnetworks
Error connecting to the ZeroTier service: timed out

The same with join/leave but it seems to happen only when I’m on multiple networks.

For me (Raspberry Pi OS, latest level) 1.6.1 actually introduced the problem! Specifically and only on Raspberry Pi Zero. It works fine on Pi 3B and Pi 4B.

1.6.0 seemed OK

You’re going to have to be much more specific about what sort of behavior you’re seeing

Connection would not work; Zerotier Central showed all devices offline; any use of zerotier-cli produced the “segmentation fault” message.

I have downgraded to 1.4.6, rebooted, all now works

PS - have not downgraded Pi 3’s and Pi4 - they are working OK on 1.6.1

PPS - now upgraded one Pi Zero to 1.6.0 - that works just fine, connects, no error messages with zerotier-cli and Central shows device as online.

I second @david1
Today I tried to install zerotier-one on a Raspberry Pi Zero and a Raspberry Pi 1 and both got stuck with this message during install:
Waiting for identity generation
I found some hint the issue might be that these models are using an older ARM6 architecture and building from the git repo is possible that I indeed verified and running a locally built 1.6.1 version of zerotier now on Raspberry Pi Zero and 1.

Thank you. I can’t help wondering what has been changed between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

Can confirm. I’m getting segmentation faults on my Pi Zero on v1.6.1 with zerotier-cli. Downgraded to 1.4.6 and it works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.