(Android) Zerotier keep stop working after 1.10.3 update

Could you give the precise wording or a screenshot of what is timing out?

@brenton.bostick
I am not a techie. I have described my problems above as fully as I can. I have a home LAN with Linux, Win10 and Win11 devices. I have Moto G7Power and Moto G100 phones. All have Zerotier on them and, until 48 hours ago, I had no problems accessing files on the LAN via my phones when away from home via other wifi services or 4G SIM. With ZT 1.10.3-2, I switch on the ZT network, button goes green, says connected but no “key” or ZT icon appears at top of screen. Whilst indicating “connected” on app and also in the ZT dashboard, the phone is unable to make any connection with any of my LAN devices either by WiFi or 4G. After a few minutes the app switches from green automatically indicating offline. When I downgraded to 1.8.6 everything functioned perfectly on both phones. The Moto G7 Power on v1.10.3-2 is only partially functional.

Mine has stopped working again…

fwiw, I had the same problem on an Samsung S20+ and “fixed” it by turning ipv6 back on.

The ZT web interface was showing that my phone was connected but didn’t display the external IP. Turning IPv6 back on resulted it the external IP showing up and my being able to connect to my devices again

The weirdness just keeps coming! I had IPv6 on on my Moto G100. I just switched it off and now I have the same behaviour as my Moto G7 Power, namely the vpn and ZT icons have appeared top of screen, I can now access my linux box on LAN but not Win11 pc. Methinks it’s not so much the actual settings as the change which jolts something into action at least partially and for a while. Still very unsatisfactory considering how well it worked before this “improvement”.

Disabling ipv6 has got it working for me again. I don’t remember if had that disabled before having to uninstall.

I just want to make it clear that I am in no way complaining! Just reporting what’s happening on my end. Zerotier has been absolutely fantastic, and the only way I have found to successfully connect to my home network externally.

1 Like

Ditto. See my opening remarks before reporting my issues earlier in this conversation.
And a final update for the day. After the “IPv6 toggle” on both my phones 1.10.3-2 now seems to establish a much more stable connection, VPN icons showing on both phones, good connection to Linux and Win10 shares on LAN - BUT NOT on Win11 machine! Whether IPv6 is on or off seems to make little difference once the setting has been changed once or twice.

Same here. All android devices. Started with 1.10.3-1 through 1.10.3-2 and still continues through 1.10.4. Can reconnect if I start/stop 3+ times, but then only briefly. And the recent “fix” supposedly released earlier today fixed nothing.

Same problem here. Samsung s20.
App version 1.10.3-2
Edit: same problem with 1.10.3-3

Same problems here:

• Samsung tablet S4 1.10.3-2

• Samsung Galaxy Active Pro 1.10.4 (Multiple devices)

Samsung s21 here. Still problems with 1.10.3-3

After install of 1.10.3-3 things seemed to be worse than ever but after a few restarts and IPv6 toggles it turns out to be about the same as 1.10.3-2. certainly no improvement.

New update again today, and still does not work. Had to downgrade to 1.8. Shame. This had such great potential and had been recommending for over a year. I certainly won’t be recommending this again any time soon. Fix it, or back out the “new feature” that’s causing the problem. Not a complicated solution.

Throwing another data point into the mix for problems with the update (including 1.10.3-3).
Nokia 6.2, Android 11.
Like others are (e.g. a21) describing, connection reverts to OFFLINE after a few minutes, despite the toggle switch being activated. At no time does the phone believe itself to be connected to a VPN, nor do I see my ZeroTier IP address in the list of addresses the phone’s network adaptor shows.

Same problems with Xiami Mi 6, Android 9, ZT 1.10.3-3

Another day another issue. Phone regularly notifying as Zerotier connection drops in and out. Driving me nuts. ZT 1.8.9 wasn’t bust. Stop “fixing” it ! I don’t know what this latest round of updates was supposed to improve but it’s failed miserably and sadly doing immense damage to your reputation. Zerotier was a game changer but you’ve dropped the ball and seem to be in the process of burying it. Just get it back to where we were ASAP.

1 Like

The current solution is to roll back to version 1.8.9 and reset the network to reset the connection. Try not to upgrade easily

Samsung s22 and ZT 1.10.3-3.
As suggested I’ve disabled IPv6 under SETTINGS in the app. After that the connection have been rock steady for more than 12h. Roamed various different wifi’s and cellular networks.

Hello:

The same thing happened to me, from the mobile phone with Android it did not connect.

I also SOLVE IT ENABLED AND DISABLED THE IP6 OPTION, as just commented.

It seems that when updating it does not read the configuration that it had before.

Thinking back, I think it has already happened again.

I hope it works for you.

Good day.

Samsung S22 1.10.3-3 doesn’t work, either. IPv6 on/off doesn’t help. The key symbol in the android status bar disappeared as well even though zerotier says it’s connected.