Connect two LANs over Zerotier via OPNSense

Hi

I have been trying to figure out how to connect to Lans over Zerotier. One Lan is at my home and the other at a remote location.

The local LAN at my home is 192.168.10.0/24. I have the Zerotier Plugin installed on my OPNSense router. The remote LAN is 192.168.1.0/24. the only way I have access to this LAN is via one PC running Linux with the Zerotier client installed.

My wish is to be able to be able to make my local LAN aware of the remote LANs subnet. So basically if i wanted to remote in to a one of the remote PCs I wouldn’t have to use the Zerotier IPs.

I have come across lots of instructions using two OPNSense routers one on each side but I can’t seem to find a solution to only having one router and the remote network only using a PC gain access to the remote network.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Problem with your setup is routing on the LAN with the PC.

How can other devices on that LAN know the route to the LAN with the OPNsense router?

You can try to setup masqurading or NAT on the PC.

1 Like

Another option is to add a route in your “remote router” to point back to your home network through ZeroTier.

Lets say the address of the remote Linux machine that runs ZeroTier is 192.168.1.100, then just add the following in the remote router (ie default gateway of the 192.168.1.0/24 network):

route add 192.168.10.0/24 dest 192.168.1.100

This assumes both networks have been added to “Managed Routes” in ZeroTier Central (my.zerotier.com)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.