Connection seems fine but after 5-10 minutes, can't connect to other ip address in the network

Hello, my friend is having trouble connecting to our LAN server in games in his laptop. Uniquely, at first it was working perfectly fine after he changes his laptop wifi to his phone hotspot instead of school wifi and he can connect to our LAN server with no problem, but after he exited the server and do other stuff (probably like 5-10 minutes), he cannot connect to the LAN server till now.

Attempt to fix the problem is that I tried to enable ping in his laptop using

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=“ICMP Allow incoming V4 echo request” protocol=icmpv4:8,any dir=in action=allow

I was able to succesfully ping his managed ip address but still the problem exist.

I checked his windows firewall and everything seems to be fine, zerotier is allowed in windows firewall (services.msc, inbound rules).

I have tried disabling windows firewall entirely but the problem persisted.

I checked in command prompt zerotier-cli peers and his connection is direct and theres an ip under path.

I tried to reset his zerotier address by deleting identity.public and identity.secret, but now a new problem exist, his not using his phone hotspot now but his home wifi and now his link is relay and theres no ip under path in zerotier-cli peers. (I can still ping his managed ip address).

I haven’t check his subnet mask in change adapter settings, and there’s a solution like unchecking automatic metric in Advanced TCP/IP settings which I don’t want to do.

For now my suspicion lies on somewhere in his laptop programs that secretly block access, like third-party firewall because he can connect to our LAN server fine with no problems at first, he have mcaffe firewall installed but i checked its been disabled like 1701 days, I told him to uninstall mcaffe regardless and we will check if the problem is gone or not soon.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem? Other friends have managed to connect to my network and they can connect to our LAN server fine and theres have been not a single problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.