Debian 11 / Docker

I am running Debian 11. Installed Docker and then Zerotier… Logs show the following. I have looked and looked for a solution but have not found one. When I try to join I get a 500 error. I found some discussion indicating that the file /dev/net/tun needs additional permissions but I can’t find the file in the container.

Any help would be appreciated

=> Configuring networks to join

=> Joining networks: []

=> Starting ZeroTier

===> ZeroTier hasn’t started, waiting a second

/usr/sbin/zerotier-one: WARNING: failed to drop privileges (kernel may not support required prctl features), running as root

=> Writing healthcheck for networks: []

=> zerotier-cli info: [Error connecting to the ZeroTier service: connection failed

Please check that the service is running and that TCP port 9993 can be contacted via 127.0.0.1.]

=> Sleeping infinitely

ERROR: unable to configure virtual network port: could not open TUN/TAP device: No such file or directory

What command line are you running to launch the docker image? If the following command line arguments are not present, then there’s your problem: --cap-add NET_ADMIN --device /dev/net/tun. Please see here for full instructions on using the docker image.

zt-grant;

Thanks for your help. I got zerotier up and running and was able to join by network. Show that I am online in the zerotier web site. I can ping the tcip address but can’t reach any of the containers that are running in my docker… I have zoneminder in a container that is set up to listen to 8443. Portainer shows that zerotier is connect to the bridge network.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.