GL.iNet ZeroTier

I have 2 GL. iNet AXT1800 they have ZeroTier software in it so I’m trying to set up one as a VPN Server and the other one as a client so I can access my home IP address when traveling.

I already enabled ZeroTier and allowed remote access to WAN but I guess I’m kind of stuck on how do I actually connect to it using the travel router.

@Boilerplate4U I’ve seen you have help some people with similar situations. Can you help me with this?

You might have already figured it out, but you have a couple ways.

1. Create a default route inside of the ZeroTier Manage Routes. You’d have 0.0.0.0/0 as the destination, and the ZT IP of your GL.iNet Box that’s your VPN Server under the “via” section. You would then need to run this command on your client box: “zerotier-cli set allowDefault= 1`”
  2. Add the default inside of the GL.iNet box itself to the IP of the GL.iNet box that is your VPN Server. With this you won’t have to run the “zerotier-cli” command. Because the next-hop for the route is your ZT network, the route shouldn’t be present when you disable ZT. You can do 2 routes if you don’t want to mess with static route metrics: 0.0.0.0/1, 128.0.0.0/1.
1 Like

I’ll try this right now. Do you think I can message you privately or something. I’d really appreciate it, I need to get this done ASAP.

Yeah, feel free. We can talk on Discord as well if you have that.

1 Like

Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.