i just want a simple GUI to create rules as any cheap router can do.
i am finding that the creation of rules is very complicated for a few reasons.
- no GUI, forced to edit a json file on a webpage. that webpage is so primitive and complex. feels like i am being punished every time i fight with it, a battle i seem to be losing.
- the concept of the rules are very different from a typical firewall on a router.
- to create a high level overlay to the low level rules… i am a python programmer but zerotier rules are like programming in the C language, almost assembly language. really, what the heck is
chrand why must i deal with it? just hide it in some kind of abstraction layer.
- to have the client app to be able to create rules, so no need to login to the zerotier website.
- the manual page is way to complicated. so please create an additional manual page for normal users without all the scary parts. also to include many real-world use-cases.