I tried setuping it but when i try to use it with moonlight i keep getting timeout error

i tried setuping it but when i try to use it with moonlight i keep getting timeout error

It’s hard to tell since you didn’t share very much about your environment but this is most likely a Moonlight network setup issue. There are plenty of articles, Youtube videos and how-to’s online.

i was at moonlight support and they said its a zerotier issue

Well, but of course they did! :wink:

Anyhow, either I or someone else on the forum might be able to help you out with any possible network setup issues that are related to ZeroTier. And you need to provide the expertise regarding Moonlight’s requirements in terms of protocols, necessary open ports and other technical details, as well as a brief description of your network environment including ZeroTier, local subnets, ip addresses and so forth.

However, first start telling us in plain English what you want to achieve without using technical terms.

streaming over the internet, i think the problem is that i didnt dowload zero tier on the nintendo switch is it?

Okay, that wasn’t very detailed! :slight_smile: I’m just guessing here, but you want to play Moonlight on a Switch, right? And the problem is (ie why is ZeroTier needed for this)?

i have a router that is connected to a router and moonlight support said i need zerotier

Which support and secondly did they explain why and how you need ZeroTier?

moonlight support on discord

because i have a router that is connected to a router

I think you might be suffering from something called a “double-NAT” problem, which is likley caused by having the two routers behind each other. This is unrelated to and unfortunately cannot be remedied using ZeroTier.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Connect your game console (Switch) directly to the router that is connected to the internet.

OR…

1. Open the necessary ports using port forwarding in both routers to avoid double-NAT. In the first router also make sure you have UPnP or Cone NAT enabled.
    Once again, this is not a ZeroTier issue but rather a network restriction at your place. This requires knowledge of networking and the game itself, thus you have to ask “support” for help or check the Moonlight best practice and troubleshooting guides.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.