I would like to stream my Python UDP socket using ZeroTier

I would like to stream my Python UDP socket using ZeroTier. Currently, I am able to successfully ping the connected computers through ZeroTier. However, I am encountering issues when attempting to connect my client to the socket. The connection is not established, and I’m seeking assistance in resolving this problem

We would need to see your code to help. But unless you’re using libzt this sounds like a Python problem, ZeroTier is low level and mature enough that Python sockets not working is definitely going to be a problem with your socket code if ZT is working for other things.

Have you tested anything else over ZT?

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have successfully tested the functionality on my local network, and it works flawlessly. However, as a Windows user, I suspect that I might be making an error when attempting to establish the connection using the following configurations:

1. IP address and port: 127.0.0.1:2101
  2. ZeroTier-provided IP address.
  3. Setting my IPv4 IP address.

Despite trying these different configurations, none of them have proven to be effective. Since I am relatively new to this field, I would greatly appreciate some guidance and assistance in resolving this issue.

127.0.0.1 is only reachable from your local host (e.g. the same machine). You might be wanting to listen on 0.0.0.0 which allows other machines to connect.

I have tried this (0.0.0.0) but this does not works on window it throws an error
OSError: [WinError 10049] The requested address is not valid in its context

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.