IP Forwarding on Docker

How would we go about enabling IP forwarding to broadcast the networks through Docker? We have several RPI’s setup doing this, but not sure how we would go about this on Docker.

Thanks!

Hello,
can you describe a little more what your RPis are doing or what the usecase is?

@zt-travis Sure thing! So we typically use RPI’s to allow IP forwarding so we can access devices behind the ZT connected device. In this instance, we aren’t utilizing an RPI because we have a Synology that we are dumping data on. I would like to be able to hit IP addresses beyond the Synology (without creating another VPN network). Is this possible? Easy with an RPI to enable IP forwarding but I noticed the only way to get into the docker instance is using “docker exec -it namehere /bash/sh”. which brings you to Alpine and does not have a /etc/sysctl.conf file.

Thanks.

Which docker file are you using? We just released a synology specific one. https://docs.zerotier.com/devices/synology

I don’t know how much effort it’ll be to get forwarding/routing set up on a synology.

@dmkjr, if you’re asking about running ZeroTier in Docker on Synology, you’ll want to make sure net.ipv4.ip_forward=1 is set on the Synology device itself and stored in /etc/sysctl.conf.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.