Known Issues in 1.6.0 Release

Yeah, i’ve tested 1.6.0 on 3 Win10 machines now and its def hosed.

You guys forgot to sign ZTTAP300 i believe. Can post anything you need for help.

No it’s signed. It’s the same exact same copy of the driver & signature going back to 2015 and should still be grandfathered in under Windows’ driver signing rules. Something seems to have changed in Windows driver signing verification. It’ll load at startup, but only a certain number of times, then Windows doesn’t see the signature as valid anymore. Rebooting fixes it temporarily.

We’re jumping through the Seven Circles of Hell hoops of the new Windows driver signing process. Works internally on a test we did. Updated signature will be in the 1.6.1 Windows release.

Well in my case 1.6.1 always does that and 1.4.6 never does that, so it doesn’t really sound right.

I expect nothing less from Microsoft my friend, its a crap-shoot every update.

Downgrading the version got me back rolling, looking forward to DNS function baked in vs the script i’ve made work.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

zerotier-cli bond commands are missing / non functional … compiled on both linux and FreeBSD, same issue both sides… only documentation on multipath is https://zerotier.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/568459265/Multipath … very little information anywhere else on it… so I have to assume it is the correct info…

root@OPNsense:~ # zerotier-cli bond enable
ZeroTier One version 1.6.0 build 0 (platform 7 arch 2)
Copyright © 2020 ZeroTier, Inc.
Licensed under the ZeroTier BSL 1.1 (see LICENSE.txt)
Usage: zerotier-cli [-switches] <command/path> []

am I missing something fundamental on bonding here?

the bonding CLI commands didn’t make it into 1.6.0. Coming on 1.6.1

is there any pre-release?, i’m happy to test … it’s my primary reason for Zerotier in the first place :smiley:

Grant, are you able to PM me? i found the issue.

We’ve already resolved the issue internally. Trying to track down a macOS bug and then new Windows and macOS binaries will be up.

It looks like the .inf was just set with the wrong encoding? But alright, i took the INF from 1.4.6 as a workaround.

Interesting… what was it set to? I’ll have to double check the installer to make sure it’s not changing that somehow.

EDIT: It’s showing UTF-8 everywhere for me. 1.4.6, 1.6.0, internal 1.6.1, so without more info I’m not sure that’s it.

the latest 16.1 build OSX still doesn’t pick up IP or route. Futher details 1.6.0 no ips assigned on macos 10.13

There seems to be something different about how ZT learns about internal (behind NAT) nodes in 1.6.0. My FreeBSD nodes are learning lots of external routes but nothing locally behind the NAT, which used to happen without any interference. I don’t mind adding a local.conf file to hint it, so long as encryption isn’t deactivated.

Is this a known issue?

Grant,

I’m just trying to help, this is what i’m seeing.

@stevo11811 OHHHHH!!! That’s not encoding. It’s line endings. \n vs \r\n

Ah, well all i know is using the old inf makes it work 100%, using the new fails, didnt know what was different.

Thanks for finding that. That probably is an issue, knowing Microsoft.

Np, wish i had the knowledge to contribute, zt is absolutely amazing.

1.6.1 is now released. Closing this thread.

1 Like