I wanted to check if this is necessitates a bug report or not.
I’m running Mint 20.3, and went to install ZT on my laptop. When the script runs (which I do as root, hence the lack of
sudo), I get this output:
$ curl -s https://install.zerotier.com | bash *** ZeroTier Service Quick Install for Unix-like Systems *** Tested OSes / distributions: *** MacOS (10.13+) (just installs ZeroTier One.pkg) *** Debian Linux (7+) *** RedHat/CentOS Linux (6+) *** Fedora Linux (16+) *** SuSE Linux (12+) *** Mint Linux (18+) *** Supported architectures vary by OS / distribution. We try to support *** every system architecture supported by the target. *** Please report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to fix. *** Detecting Linux Distribution *** Found Linux Mint, creating /etc/apt/sources.list.d/zerotier.list OK
When the script goes to install, I receive this error:
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: zerotier-one : Depends: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.2~beta3) but it is not installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. *** Package installation failed! Unfortunately there may not be a package *** for your architecture or distribution. For the source go to: *** https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne
So I confirmed I have libssl installed:
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done libssl1.1 is already the newest version (1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.10). 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
So as I have
libssl1.1 installed, I got confused. So then I checked my
$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/zerotier.list deb http://download.zerotier.com/debian/xenial xenial main
Based on that, I modified the file to be
focal instead of
xenial, and that solved the issue.
Curious for thoughts if this warrants a bug report in GitHub, or not.