Managed Metrics

A somewhat common request.

Might help reduce some of the gaming related questions:

Up for this, this will help in the future for gaming and maybe in other purposes

Up for this.
Szenario: I am having a few ZT nodes in the same segment. As soon as a static route for that segment is published on my.zerotier.com via one of these nodes, all other (linux) nodes on that segment lose access to the segment as the ZT route now takes precedence. This is caused by ZT routes are always inserted with the default (highest) metric into the routing table. Not having multiple ZT clients in the same segment is not an option, as a few machines need a direct link to convey certain broadcasts to a mobile device on the same ZT network. Not publiching that route would make the rest of that segment unreachable for the rest of the ZT clients.

Hi,

Having the same issue as @tomsoft few ZT nodes on the same LAN and its a headache. This a feature that has been asked many times on GitHub and I really don’t know why it is backlogged.

Hope you implement this soon.

Either let metrics be set, set the default metric for ZT routes to 9999 so that other routes can take precedence or let us select which routes are being pushed where. I have had a very similar problem with routers and nodes. they have different needs and need to be managed differently

1 Like

This needs to be implemented for proper enterprise adoption. I did some testing. Users are being routed over zerotier instead of directly going to a device that either on their local subnet or a next hop over. Perhaps we can even make the routes not be applicable if it’s detected that they are on a company subnet. The workaround is to use DNS to resolve domain names when its local and have zerotier installed on every server endpoint with DNS that resolves to the zerotier address when they user is remote.

1 Like

Thanks. There’s a different route based workaround in the linked github issue if anyone is interested.

If you’re fancy, you can use something like OSPF and not use zerotier managed routes at all.