Need help on connecting to other devices in LAN

Accessing DVR connected to LAN on other network

Hi guys, I am trying to view cctv from home PC (zerotier IP 192.168.195.1), I am able to access my work PC (zerotier IP 192.168.195.2). My business PC is on the same LAN as my DVR (192.168.3.223 local IP assigned from router). I tried to ping the DVR from home PC and it is request timed out wheres I could ping it from work PC because it is connected on the same LAN. Any idea how to make the connection ?

And I have private dynamic IP from ISP so port forwarding public IP is not an option

Much appreciated

Hello,
You need a device running ZeroTier on the same LAN as the DVR to act as a router between the zerotier network and the LAN. I’m not sure if Windows still lets you do this. You might need one of the enterprisey versions of Windows.
A small linux device like a raspberry pi can do it. Ideally the internet router at the site can run zerotier as that simplifies a few things.
Here’s a few of the devices we run on

and more info about routing:
https://zerotier.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/224395274/Route+between+ZeroTier+and+Physical+Networks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.