New My Cloud OS 5 for WD NAS

Hello
The firmware of some WD NAS has been updated from OS 3 to OS 5. I use a MyCloud EX2 Ultra and the software avaliable in the download area is not working any more. Are you planing to develope a new software for the new operating system?.
Thanks for your time

I am in the same situation, I updated and now I can no longer install the application through the package installer.

Same here, I have a EX4100 and got updated and when I try to install the apkg it will say “Incomplete app download. Please check your device’s Internet connection and try again.” I got the file from https://download.zerotier.com/dist/wd/

I have also tried several other packages from that directory with no success.

This is the first we’ve heard of the new WD OS. It’ll likely take some time to get a new version out as the person responsible for the NAS packages is taking a little time off. Sorry, no ETA.

1 Like

thank you very much for your response. Any answer is better than no answer <3 I will keep checking periodically to see if anything has changed. Thank you!

Having this same problem on a WD My Cloud Mirror Gen2. Was working fine before the upgrade, but it seems the new operating system is not compatible with the old package.

Many thanks for your work and for providing the software!

I also have the same problem since the Nas firmware update.
The application was deleted and now cannot be reinstalled.
Thanks for the job.

对于 My Cloud OS 5 系统更新,zerotier 更新是否有了新的

Hello Grant!

do you have any estimation on when the package for the new WD OS will be released?

Thanks & have a great new year,
Philipp

Any news on this (or workarounds available)? I just read this – only after upgrading to OS5, of course… I’d so love to have my MyCloud be a zerotier client, directly. Any chance/progress?

+1, I’m also interested in OS5 version.

Waiting for new one
from an OS5 user

+1, I also didn’t get enough information before upgrading and can’t use the app anymore either.
would also be happy to see a new compatible version.

hello? @zt-grant is there any news whatsoever? It’s been about 4 months. thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, are there any updates?

Hi everyone!
We are looking for the update for the MyCloud OS5, too…
¿any news?
Thank you!

Seems PR4100 and PR2100 users could test ZeroTier app which has reached alpha status, thanks to dswv42.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1 Like

I independently developed the ZeroTier app for My Cloud OS5, and testing was a complete success, so I’ve released it for additional My Cloud OS5 models, which include the PR4100, PR2100, DL4100, DL2100, EX4100, EX2100, EX2 Ultra, and Mirror Gen 2.

4 Likes

Amazing!!!
Works very well with my EX2 Ultra!!!
Thank you very much!!!

muchas, muchas gracias!!!