New user - connecting two Synology NAS

Hello,
zerotier is new to me, so I’m trying to learn more about it’s capabilities. I’d say I know a little about networking, but I’m certainly no expert.
What I’d like to do is have a Synology NAS in my home and a backup NAS in a remote location connected via the internet.
For the backup, I’m using Synology Snapshot Replication, but unfortunately, this does not support QuickConnect, that would allow direct connection between the NAS without needing to deal with IP addresess and so on.
I believe that zerotier would enable me to set up a private network across the internet, but what is less clear to me is the following.

1. In setting up zerotier network, would I need to set up local devices at the local positions to this network in order for them to communicate with the respective NAS. To be clear, by and large I only need the direct connection between the two NAS, but I do need local access to each respective NAS.
  2. If a network is set up, does that mean internet traffic is channeled through one router, or are local internet connections utilised for local devices?

Anything else I should know?
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.