NR5G/LTE M.2 Module: Quectel RM520N-GL: Install directly to system?

Hello all, recently I’ve been experimenting with the Quectel RM520N-GL module. It is an M.2 form factor cellular modem. They are very modular and and have a Linux kernel running the show. Normally things are controlled via proprietary AT commands through a COM port. You can unlock “ADB access” for these which gives you the ability to access “adb shell” which would be the linux OS running directly on the modem. Would it be possible to port ZeroTier to run directly on this device and access the gateway that is formed in RGMII mode? More info about this can be found below:

RGMII setup: GitHub - natecarlson/quectel-rgmii-configuration-notes: Notes on using a Quectel modem directly connected to Ethernet

Thank You!

Example of working software installed directly to the modem:

Where can we find information about the processor on board? Is there a toolchain? When I try to view their specifications on their website it just drops me into a sales funnel which is a big nope.

uname -a returns:
Linux sdxlemur 5.4.180-perf #1 PREEMPT Tue Jun 13 09:57:01 UTC 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux

There’s also a build environment, not sure if that helps.

I’d send you a pm as well with some hardware info but i can’t? Quectel is weird about giving info out.

cat /proc/version returns:
Linux version 5.4.180-perf (oe-user@oe-host) (clang version 10.0.1 (GitHub - llvm/llvm-project: The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies. Note: the repository does not accept github pull requests at this moment. Please submit your patches at http://reviews.llvm.org. ef32c611aa214dea855364efd7ba451ec5ec3f74), GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.34.0.20200220) #1 PREEMPT Tue Jun 13 09:57:01 UTC 2023

I can try a command you suggest for more info?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.