Option to open Synology package not vailable

I installed the appropriate DSM 6 package for my Synology NAS. The Package Center states ZeroTier is running, but the only options available are to stop and to uninstall the package. Open is not available. I wish to add my Synology NAS to my ZeroTier network.

How can I add my Synology NAS to my ZeroTier network?

Synology DS218+ (Apollolake)
DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7
Firewall is disabled
I have rebooted my NAS
I have stopped and started the package, but still no option to open the package

Hope you can help.

Many Thanks,

Maarten

Hi, i have the same issue
DS415+
DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7
Firewall is enabled
I have rebooted my NAS
I have stopped and started the package, but still no option to open the package
Hope someone can help us
(maybe some ssh command ???)
Many thanks,
Guitoun

Thank you for sharing! I am also hoping for a ssh solution.

I forgot to mention, ZeroTier package version: 1.8.7-1

Hi,
It is really quiet here!
If any synology user can confirm this issue, it would be greatly apreciated to go on and maybe get some help from the board or the dev (i have only DS415+ avoton, i can’t confirm on other system or other version of dsm )
Thank you any one for your help solving this issue!

I would appreciate any assistance or insight too.

I have also recently tried older releases of the ZeroTier package on my Synology. I keep receiving the same issue. DSM says its running, but I cannot open it. There simply is no option to open and configure ZeroTier.

Anyone know how to contact someone from the dev team or the board about this major issue?

Not a solution but perhaps a different way to approach it:

I moved to using Docker to run ZeroTier (Note: may not be available on all models), though the main motivation was that the package is not available for DSM 7.

Also, I keep the ID files in backup, so that in case of disaster I can restore the NAS including its identity.
In fact, I already did so, and all other clients were able to reconnect seamlessly when the restored machine came back up again. Depending on your use case you might want to do that, too, before upgrading or moving to Docker.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.