PC listening on original IP & ZeroTier IP?

Forgive the newbie questions below:

I use 4G Mobile broadband at home and have recently switched to Vodafone UK which uses CGNAT which means I can no longer use Port Forwarding in my router to access a server running on my LAN while I am away from home.

So I’m trying ZeroTier to get around this issue.

The server is a Windows11 PC running ‘Home Assistant’ in a VirtualBox VM on port 8123.

I’ve installed ZeroTier on the Win11 PC & on my phone and I’ve created a ZeroTier network on 192.168.192.x

So I can browse to 192.168.192.97:8123 when I’m away from home and this works pretty well.

However, when I’m at home and my phone is connected on my LAN, I can’t browse to the PCs original IP address of 192.168.8.223:8123. This is because ZeroTier is left running on the PC and presumably means network connections to the original 192.168.8.223 can’t be made.

Q. How do I configure ZeroTier so that connections on both the original IP (192.168.8.223) and the ZeroTier IP (192.168.192.97) will both work?

IPCONFIG shows both physical & ZeroTier network adapters are configured okay.

Q. On Windows11 I have to switch off the ‘Public’ firewall to get ZeroTier to work. Even if I create incoming FW rules for all ports etc, it still won’t work. But if I just switch off the FW on the PC, it works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.