PFSENSE support?

Anyone running zerotier on PFSENSE? Not sure if the FreeBSD package they build is compatible, and it’s also out-of-date. And hope of officially supporting this platform?

Hi, thanks for asking. The opnsense package seems more actively maintained. None of the ZeroTier folks actively use a BSD; There are no plans to take over maintenance of the pfsense or opnsense packages.

Now that ZT has come to MikroTik (well done on that btw), I don’t suppose there any prospects for a package for pfSense?

MikroTik did all the work. Thanks, MikroTik!

All credit to them then… nice move.

Just tried it in Mikrotik for the first time last week.

Testing for the first time. I put Zeroteir on a Wireless access point inside my network. Bridged the interfaces on the Mikrotik WAP.

Works solid on my phone for opening Apps or webservers on local devices at home and away.

With a computer, I get full broadcast discovery of network devices. (This hasn’t worked in Mikrotik VPN for 10+ years.)

Loving ZeroTier Right Now.

1 Like

The addition of ZT to mikrotik kinda eliminated my need/want of it on other products.

hAP ac2/3 can do about 40Mbps aggregate over ZT. rb5009 can do more like 450mbps.

The mikrotik version is still a bit behind, for instance no support for bonding, but it’s getting there with a nice UI now.

What are trying to bond?

not really ‘bonding’ so much as multi-interface. ie, zerotier seeing multiple WAN links.

Language thing…

Do you mean… You want to combine multiple ISP feeds and have Zerotier use them as one?

Or

Do you mean you wan to have multiple “sites” connected using Zerotier as the transport?

Or

Something else entirely?

The existing multipathing. It’s in standard clients but it’s not in the mikrotik client. not a ‘zerotier’ issue, a customer mikrotik packaging issue.