Pi Zero one port linux bridge

Hi Everyone!

For the past few months, I’ve been trying to turn a Raspberry Pi Zero, into a one port ZeroTier bridge to connect my Macbook to my Pi4. I’ve been following these instructions, and I don’t think I’m far off.

Here are my current settings:

==> /etc/systemd/network/10-br0.network <==
[Match]
Name=br0

[Network]
Address=192.168.192.2/24
Gateway=192.168.192.1
DNS=1.1.1.1

==> /etc/systemd/network/10-br0-zt.network <==
[Match]
Name=ztyqbylb7a

[Network]
Bridge=br0

==> /etc/systemd/network/10-usb0-br0.network <==
[Match]
Name=eth0 #Also tried usb0 here

[Network]
Bridge=br0

==> /etc/systemd/network/10-wlan0.network <==
[Match]
Name=wlan0

[Network]
DHCP=ipv4

==> /etc/systemd/network/br0.netdev <==
[NetDev]
Name=br0
Kind=bridge

This gives me

I can ping the ZT ‘Managed-IP’ of my Pi4 just fine from my Pi Zero.

However, I cant ping the ZT ‘Managed-IP’ of my Pi4 from my MacBook when I’ve plugged my Pi Zero RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget into my MacBook.

Is the something glaringly obvious I’m missing? I’m just going round in circles doing it by myself. :sweat_smile:

If there is any other information you require, please let me know.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ashley

This is my RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget setup.

Hello!
Haven’t tried that before, but that’s interesting. Which device is supplying internet access, the mac or the pi (wifi)? I’m not sure I understand the use case/ setup. What are you trying to do?

Yeah, looks like it should be usb0.

Hi Travis!

Yeah, looks like it should be usb0.

I thought so, I’ve changed it back to usb0.

It’s been a fun project, as far as real-world applications go, I’d like to be able to plug this device into a Mac or PC enabling that computer to communicate with a Zerotier network.

The Pi Zero W can receive the internet either by Wi-Fi or through USB from the Mac or PC. The USB method is better, as there is no need to keep changing Wi-Fi networks as it moves from location to location.

I’m using the Pi Zero because of its ability to receive power and internet from a standard computer USB port. It would make a neat key-like device.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Ashley

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.