QNAP QTS 5.0.1 issues

based on this, which is accurate - and now closed -

Hans writes -
hi this is simpler and better and works (only x64 cant test others)
use docker first install QVPN for the tun driver

docker run -d --name zerotier-one --device=/dev/net/tun --net=host --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --cap-add=SYS_ADMIN -v $HOME/docker/zerotier-one:/var/lib/zerotier-one --restart=always zyclonite/zerotier

docker exec zerotier-one zerotier-cli join 8056c2e21c000001

or create an empty file with the network as name
/var/lib/zerotier-one/networks.d/8056c2e21c000001.conf

is there a more “verbose” detailed explanation, than this ? Because the wonderful Zerotier 1.8.6, which works great with QNAP 5.0.0, no longer works with QTS 5.0.1, and I can’t get this “fix” to work (probably due to my ignorance on the brief explanation).

Bob Zelin

if someone knows if there is a new release on the pipeline to fix the current app not working under 5.0.1 please let me know. Thanks in advance

Same QTS version, I installed in docker (container station called by QNAP), and I only get 500 when I want to join a network. At web portal I can see it is online.

I am NOT using Docker.
you will see a detailed post on how to get Zerotier to work with QTS 5.0.1 here -

go to post 44 in this thread, and you will see a summary. In post 56, you will see a response from Zerotier directly, saying that they will work on this soon. But if you follow port 44, you will get it to work right now.
Bob

I can see a new post (post 57 in your link) 2h after your post here that the official fix is released.

Jimmy -
WOW WOW WOW - boy, I am so glad that I belong to this community forum. I would never have known this. I am going to try this (it sure took them long enough) - and if it works, I don’t have to suffer thru every installation, and I can go to QTS 5.0.1 without having to worry. THANK YOU SO MUCH for showing me this. I cannot wait to try it.

Bob Zelin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.