Regarding adding network connections on connect

Hi so every time you re-connect to a zero tier network, a pop-up comes up: Image

I like to disconnect from my network as to keep less things happening on my pc at a time, and only connect when I feel I need it. I’m the type to like to have minimal processes going at one time. However I don’t exactly wanna get to 130 networks or even 10 honestly. So my question is, how can I make it so it doesn’t add a new network every time I connect? Or at the very least how can I delete old connections?

Hi @WallyWorld
When you connect to a network WIndows creates a registry record with the new network profile name. While this could pile up over a very long time, I don’t see any issues with it.
Though, if you really want to get rid of the network profiles you could run these commands on a powershell session:

Remove-Item -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\"Windows NT"\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles\* -Recurse
Remove-Item -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\"Windows NT"\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Unmanaged\* -Recurse

You may need to reconnect to your wifi/wired network and/or Zerotier.

Disclaimer: Careful when modifying your Windows registry. Always backup first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.