Requests to docker container on my Zerotier client failed

Hi, I am trying to setup zt so that I can access my home services from anywhere. I have finished the basic setup on few of my devices and really enjoy the great experience so far. However, I am here because I have an issue I cannot solve by myself.

My Windows PC has docker installed. It also has Hyper-V switch enabled on its physical network adapter. There are 3 services running on it, A, B and C. A running at the host, B as a docker container, C as a Hyper-V virtual machine.

My PC is under the subnet of my router, 192.168.1.0/24, assigned with IP 192.168.1.100. I can access all services, A, B and C, via 192.168.1.100:{service_port} from other devices that are under 192.168.1.0/24.

However, if I replace 192.168.1.100 with 172.23.205.168, which is the IP assigned to my PC by zt, only service A could be accessed. Accessing B and C both results in timeout.

I’ve checked docker for windows’s settings and saw that service B is listening on 0.0.0.0:3000. 0.0.0.0 should allow accessing it from other zt clients but it does not work as expected.

I did search a lot but had no luck. Hope I can get some help here. Thank you! :slight_smile:

I solved it by myself.

Instead of installing zt on the PC, I installed it to my router.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.