Route between ZeroTier and home network (Raspberry)

Unfortunately, since I got Starlink, I can no longer access my home network remotely. Starling is only offering CGNAT. For this reason, I have been looking for the best way to solve this. One possibility I have found with Zerotier. I can access my NAS and my computer remotely with my phone.

Now I thought I can extend this with a bridge (Raspberry) to reach other devices where I can’t install Zerotier directly. I had the following instructions

https://zerotier.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/224395274/Route+between+ZeroTier+and+Physical+Networks

I think I followed this tutorial step by step but unfortunately I can’t reach my home network yet. The Raspberry appears in the Zerotier control panel and it also has the Zerotier IP.

My home network is a segmented network where I currently use the following subnet 192.168.4.0/24. The Raspberry is also in it and has the local address 192.168.4.223. The settings in the Control panel are as follows

As I interpret the instructions should be correct but since I unfortunately do not get it to run but something thoughtful. If anyone has a similar setup I would be very grateful for help :wink:

Hi
I had the same issue and by changing the ZT range to 172.x.x.x I was able to route between the 2 networks.
Before I could ping from the Raspberry both the LAN and ZT network but no routing between them.
So, in your case change the ZT network from 192.168.4.0/24 to anything in 172.x.x.x and setup.
See also:

The solution was found by @dmiranda

Dear jw_dyan,

Thank you very much for your answer. The problem was much simpler. Unfortunately I didn’t see it initially as I must have had tomatoes on my eyes in excitement / frustration. I had forgotten only a simple number on my router. Instead of 192.168.191.1 it was 192.168.191.11.

Now everything works as expected :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.