Routing All Zerotier Traffic through a VPS

Hi, I am a newbie to all of this and have setup a Zerotier network following this link https://harivemula.com/2021/09/18/routing-all-traffic-through-home-with-zerotier-on-travel/. Instead of using a Ras PI, I used a VPS running Ubuntu. My Zerotier subnet is 192.168 194.0/24.

I have 3 devices 192.168.194.174 is the VPS
192.168.174.9 is the MacBook Pro running Monterey
192.168.174.89 is the latest version of iOS 15.5
I added the routing of 0.0.0.0/0 via 192.168.194.174

I have installed the relevant Zerotier client on OSX and IOS.
After successfully connecting to the Network via the apps. I turned on the allow default router override (OSX) and Enable Default Route (IOS).

When I check whatismyaipaddress IOS works fine and routes through the VPS, but the OSX still shows the local IP address. On the OSX, when I also turn on both the Allow Managed Address and Allow Default Router Override, the OSX lost all internet connection. This only happens when both options are checked. If only one option is checked, I can connect to the internet. Individually, \with the Allow Managed Address option, I can ping the VPS, but not with the Allow Default Router Override. But neither case shows the VPS address when I check whatismyaipaddress
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.