Separate Zerotier networks for different users?

I have one Zerotier network I use regularly. I’m setting up a new user on my computer for someone else to use, and I want them to have access to a different Zerotier network, but not to my main network.

Is this possible? So far I’ve noticed that when I log in to the other user, they have access to the same Zerotier networks as on my main account. I guess the Zerotier node address is tied to the hardware (MAC address maybe?) of the computer, so I don’t know if this is possible.

Any ideas?

I think that would be something that would necessitate a non-free account to have more than one zerotier account using the same PC/machine. Idk that for certain but I am making an educated guess. I think that I would either escalate or improve my account to a paid subscriber. If I didn’t have the money I would either have the other user pay for the improvement or accept that there’s no way to have multiple accounts on the same machine. Shouldn’t be that much of an issue as you obviously trust them enough to allow them to use your laptop/PC.

Hello,
Yeah the zerotier identity is tied to the system. I don’t think there’s a way to do what you want.

It needs to be a system service because it needs to modify systemy things like network adapters.

The zerotier identity is in \ProgramData\ZeroTier\One

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.