I have done a stress test of zerotier with this configuration:
- two ubuntu machines
- three opnsense routers
- three different zerotier networks
- one zerotier A used as L2 and routes pushed with OSPF
- one zerotier B with routes added using zerotier gui
- one zerotier C without additional routes
I got these results:
- in zerotier A I have 50% packet loss pinging and using zerotier addresses (I have not yet tried to ping hosts in routes pushed by ospf)
- in zerotier B the linux client added a route to the wrong zerotier network (this route was added via gui after the zerotier client had three zerotier configured. Is it possible that in your code there is a bug that pushes new routes to the first zerotier it finds?)
I cannot find an explanation of packet loss. Zerotier B is in the same routers and hosts of zerotier A. So if it is a firewall/nat problem also B and C should be affected.
Can you help me?