Subdomains for my machines

Hey I am using Zeronsd (docker) and I was wondering if it is possible to have something like “test.server.home.arpa”?

I have on my linux machine nginx as a proxy installed and a proxy host route for server.home.arpa to port 81 for NGINX Admin Panel. This works fine and all but I want nginx.server.home.arpa, as I am running other services as well.
Is something like this possible and how?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

If you setup ZeroNSD somewhere on your network, you can set a domain for your ZeroTier network.

home.arpa also happens to be its default from memory too.

I think there is a misunderstanding.

I have already ZeroNSD setuped (using the docker version) and I have domains for my machines. Such as “server.home.arpa” for my server.

But I am trying to find out if I can have subdomains for these domains. Such as “*nginx.*server.home.arpa” and “*cloud.*server.home.arpa”.

Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood.

As far as I know, there isn’t, but maybe someone from ZT can shed some more light.

The closest workaround would be the wildcard option or, perhaps passing a hosts file with the subdomains to ZeroNSD which would get added to its records.

I was thinking that too, but I dont know how I would do such a thing because I use the docker container. Also I dont find it how to do that in the Documentation.

UPDATE:
I got it working yaay
When you want to enable wildcard using Docker, you just use -w to enable it
For Hostfiles: * -f <hosts file> will parse a file in /etc/hosts format and append it to your records.

Thank you very much for your help! :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.