Ubiquiti package

Hi,
I have 2 question regarding the ZeroTier packages for Ubiquiti routers:

1. Are the they maintained by ZeroTier or by the community?
  2. Is there any information about if or when packages for version 1.6.4 can be expected?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Gara, There is an updated Ubiquiti package available now as well as some more complete documentation: You can find it here: https://docs.zerotier.com/devices/ubiquiti

Let me know if you have any issues getting it working.

@zt-joseph Any word on if this will work for Unifi line of routers as well? Have some use cases where it could be useful.

Looks like it might. Just glancing at some of the datasheets they use MIP64 chips which we know work. Give it a shot, if it doesn’t work send me your model numbers and I can investigate.

Good day zt-joseph
I am interested and I have a UDMPro

Hi @zt-joseph ,
I think the guide needs an update for the ARM64 section (Dream Machine). /config no longer exists and I cant seem to get the install or it’s config to persist through automated upgrades.

Thanks for all the support and work you do!
Cheers,
Greg

Hmm, do you know if the deletion of /config on upgrade is a new change they’ve made? I’ve known previously that Ubiquiti stuff likes to wipe application data on each firmware upgrade but I haven’t seen this.

I’m really not sure, I don’t think it was there when I went to redeploy ZT after an automatic upgrade.

Is /config/data/firstboot/install-packages/ supposed to be created manually or is it meant to be pre-existing? /config/data does not exist in my UDMPro.

I wish I could be more helpful, I tried searching how to install packages permanently on the UDMPro but couldnt find any articles regarding persistence.

No problem,

I believe /config/data/firstboot/install-packages/ does not exist by default and must be created. After firmware upgrades any .deb in that directory will be reinstalled. At least that’s how it works on my machine that I tried last.

Also, the default directory for ZeroTier’s identity files is /var/log/zerotier-one and I think you need to back those before upgrades if you want to keep your identity.

Thanks @zt-joseph , I added the firstboot/… directory this time around and downloaded the package to there and reinstalled. Seems to have picked up the identity from /config/zerotier-one.

1 Like