Will this work for me

New here, but looking to see if Zerotier will work for my needs. I have not seen in my research if my situation is a use-case Zerotier can address. If it does, it would appear to be easier and more user friendly over setting up Wireguard in an Oracle cloud VM.

The main goal is getting through carrier grade NAT, and ensure the Raspberry Pi website is accessible at any time for those authorized.

I am in an organization of volunteers with one R-Pi on site behind a cellular router. The R-Pi has a web server running, with custom software (homegrown solution someone else built) to monitor and control the remote site. The cell service has carrier grade NAT with a non-routeable IP (AT&T 10.x.x.x), and we can currently use RealVNC to access the Pi, but not everyone is able to get in due to the 3 person limit of the free RealVNC license we can use as a non-profit. Also about two people including me comprehend RealVNC and Linux on R-Pi. Directions can be written up with steps such as 1, connect, 2, go to http:abc, 3, do like when you are on-site, 4, close browser, 5, disconnect

I would like to know if installing Zerotier on the Pi with a cron job to check/reconnect status, set up a new network and finally configuring a few other member’s laptops/tablets/phones all as nodes on the new network would allow any of them to power up their Zerotier connection, and access the R-Pi web page. In the end, 5-10 people with 1-3 devices per person, may want/need access to the R-Pi website over their home internet or mobile data service.

Is this use case what Zerotier was more or less built for?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.