Will zerotier work well under a mobile hotspot environment?

After setting the intranet via Zerotier, and when either or both devices in RDP are under a mobile hotspot environment (not directly using cellular data), I found my RDP doesn’t work (RDP error 0x104). :face_holding_back_tears:

I use native RDP in win10/11 on desktop/laptop and Microsoft’s official RDclient on remote devices. It has been tested in win10 (native RDP), win11 (native RDP), iPad (RD client), and android (RD client).

All nodes are presented online in Zerotier networks through all these processes.

However, the RDP works well in a cellular data environment when I use my android mobile directly connected to the computer.

Is it due to Zerotier’s strategy or anything I can do to make RDP work under a hotspot environment? :smiling_face_with_tear: :face_holding_back_tears:

Check that ZeroT. has created a private network, if not, change it to private, under your own responsibility.
“Network and Sharing Center”, or equivalent.
Create a new rule in the firewall and open the ports your program uses, I don’t often work with W10/11 and can’t help you further.

Thanks for reply however still doesn’t work :face_holding_back_tears:

I found that zerotier will not connect over the prepaid AT&T network via my hotspot (Specifically via reseller RedPocket). So I imagine there is “some way” for network operators to block it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.