Windows 11 ARM64, ZeroTier 1.8.9

G’day,

I’ve successfully installed the ZeroTier client on my Galaxy Book2 and it runs, loads the UI, joins and connects to the required network, according to the website it receives the specified IP address, but… that’s where the functionality comes to an early death…

There’s no adapter created in Windows to which the IP address can be assigned. Obviously nothing further works at this point. Is there a way forward in the ZeroTier universe for those of us using WoA?

As a bit of additional information, the install of ZeroTier 1.8.9 was through Chocolatey. I just noticed that there’s a later version on the ZeroTier website, so…

I uninstalled the 1.8.9 build via Chocolatey. I rebooted…

I installed the latest version downloaded from the website. Installed fine. Sat t “Waiting for ZeroTier service” (or similar) for over 5 minutes. I rebooted. Waited a few minutes, and the network was automagically joined…

However, same issue as before. :frowning:

In the UI, it shows “Status: Online” and under the Primary Port, “(service restart required)”. However restarting the service makes no difference at all. No action. Also over on the right in the UI it claims “You have not joined any networks.” which is patently wrong as in the web UI of ZeroTier I can see the machine having joined successfully and reporting its version number, and importantly, its status as online.

Unfortunately, ARM64 isn’t yet supported by ZeroTier and will not work at this time.

Any idea how long before WoA is supported? Microsoft looks to be going seriously down the WoA path, with the release of their new Project Volterra hardware/dev platform.

I hope there will be deployment for windows arm soon as other providers have options

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.