Windows Ethernet Bridging

Hi Mike,

The instructions for using a linux box to route between ZT and physical networks are in the KB article here:

https://zerotier.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/224395274/Route+between+ZeroTier+and+Physical+Networks

Hope this helps!

hi jtm,

this document is actually great and if u follow that, u have a working connection. did that 3-4times.
but my setup is a little different:

Public_AP ---- WiFi ā€¦bridgedā€¦eth0 ----switch----private Network

using debian 12 on that machine. i need to connect the private network with the accesspoint so the network can reacht the internet (and vice versa). on the same machine i need to run zerotierā€¦ so i assume i have 2 bridges to defineā€¦ br0 will still be zerotier to eth0.

ap has dhcp. but wld love to have a different local ip range in the private network. so wl0 has 10.10.10.35 (from dhcp) and eth0 will be 192.168.3.15 (in the private network range)

so its more a bridging routing thing than zerotier - but zerotier is involved as the 2nd bridge?!

that why i thought @celien can help - looks like this is exactly my usecaseā€¦

mike.

Hi all - does this work to force all traffic within zerotier to egress through a remote Win10 machine please?
I found that i wasnt able to get virtual ubuntu to work (seems different to native ubuntu running on a Pi - specifically iptables part).
Iā€™d have thought using a local win 10 pro device acting as a gateway to internet would be easyā€¦

my use case: work abroad and want to access iplayer etc.

If there are step by step instructions Iā€™d be grateful: got it working on a RPI, but thats not my ideal and prefer to run it through a home windows 10 box.