ZeroTier not working on router (FreshTomato and entware)

I recently switched to an ISP that uses CGNAT and I’ve lost the ability to remotely access my network. I’m running FreshTomato and previously I used its included OpenVPN server to access my network while I’m on the road. That worked flawlessly with my old ISP and I’m trying to replicate that experience with ZeroTier.

I followed these instructions to install entware and then these to install ZeroTier (I stopped at step 8 because I didn’t understand what that was doing). I can successfully connect to my ZeroTier with the router and also from my phone. However, I can’t ping the router from the phone or the phone from the router. I then installed ZeroTier on my laptop. From the laptop I could ping my phone and I could ping my laptop from my phone.

My local network IP addresses are 192.168.1.* range and the ZeroTier network is 10.147.17.*. I don’t know why it works between my phone and laptop but not between my phone and router. And, I don’t know how to begin troubleshooting. I’ve never messed with iptables or routing tables before. Any advice on where to start?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.