Zerotier on qnap simple

hi this is simpler and better and works
use docker first install QVPN for the tun driver

docker run -d --name zerotier-one --device=/dev/net/tun --net=host --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --cap-add=SYS_ADMIN -v $HOME/docker/zerotier-one:/var/lib/zerotier-one --restart=always zyclonite/zerotier

docker exec zerotier-one zerotier-cli join 8056c2e21c000001

or create an empty file with the network as name
/var/lib/zerotier-one/networks.d/8056c2e21c000001.conf

Hello, this works perfekt for me. But when i restart my qnap it wont connect correctly to zerotier. In ZeroTier Central the qnap will be signed as online but i cannot ping to the device.
When i leave and join again, i got an error on join like: 500 join {}

What can i do?!

Sorry i can’t look at it now i never had this problem with restart
also i cant look for it because i scaled down, because of the energy cost here in Europe
maybe it’s the last Qnap update from last month , if you see that you are online local and remote
it’s perhaps firewall rules or upnp
anyway its the same docker container as the use on synology
i hope this will help you

Hello, thanks for the replay.

The log from the docker says:

Error: unable to configure virtual network port: could not open TUN/TAP device: No such file or directory

do you know whats that mean?

Hi that has with the QVPN pakage this installs the tun/tap driver
i think it has something todo with the update to 5.0.1 here is also some one who has the same problem

Zerotier on QTS 5.0.1 not working - QNAP NAS Community Forum

i suggest you try deinstall qvpn then try to install QVPN Service 3.0.771 if you can find it, then test

Thanks for the replay. I cant install an older Version of qvpn. There is no way… :frowning:

But i found maybe an other solution. But i dont unterstand how i to this on my docker…?!

also this one…(i think its the same solution)

and you can look here for -U option

Hi you can enter the container like this
docker exec -it zt bash
zt stands for the container name

Hi… you mean like this?

docker exec -it zerotier-one zerotier-cli join 8056c2e21c000001 bash

?
sorry… i am not so familiar with linux.

what you can do is install portainer and the edit

Hi you can access the container like this
docker exec -it zerotier-one sh

Hey… finally this was also my solution:

Thank You!!

Thanks for the solution. I tried but could not get stable connection.

After tried several times, I find just changing the docker image works. bltavares/zerotier image works fine on my TS-451D

Currently, my NAS system version is QTS-5.1.6.2722. The modified command needed is as follows:

docker run -d --name zerotier-one --device=/dev/net/tun --net=host --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --cap-add=SYS_ADMIN -v /share/Container/container-station-data/application/zerotier-one:/var/lib/zerotier-one --restart=always zyclonite/zerotier:1.12.2

The mapped directory cannot use the original path ($HOME/docker/zerotier-one). After investigation, it was found that this path mapping does not exist after NAS restarts. The image cannot read the previous configuration after startup, which causes ZeroTier not to connect automatically.

docker exec zerotier-one ls -al /var/lib/zerotier-one

This command shows that the configuration directory is empty.

After NAS restarts, it is necessary to manually restart the CONTAINER in order to connect to the original network ID settings. By using the modified command above, there is no need for manual operation after NAS restarts; the container can connect to the original network ID automatically.