Zerotier on WindowsXP computers

Hi everybody. Does anyone know if there is a way to install zerotier on windowsXP? I have several old computers with this system and I would like to use them to keep some types of files and so on. Thanks

1 Like

Windows XP is 20 years old and doesn’t have many features required by ZeroTier. We do not support it.

Thanks. I had supposed that. I use Mac now for along time but as l told you l would like to have them in my network to keep some types of files. I don’t know if l will be able to build a new VPN with all my computers… I will try it. Many thanks!

With a Raspberry Pi or other device, you could make a ZeroTier network with an L2 Bridge or L3 routing into your physical LAN that the XP machines are on. That way the XP machines don’t need to have ZeroTier installed. There are guides for both methods in the knowledge base.

While this is one method of achieving access to your XP machines, I highly recommend moving the data you need off of these XP machines and retiring them, or upgrade them to a modern OS. Still running XP in this day an age, it’s not a matter of if but when it will be compromised if they aren’t already.

Thank you so much for your recommendations and your aid.