Zerotier-one command without GUI on macOS

I am wondering if it is possible to install zerotier-one as command without GUI on macOS, like the client installed in linux?

zerotier-one is available from the command line on macOS (and Windows, too). Using the UI tray application is not required on any platform.

Thank you very much for your help.

zerotier-one command line on macOS does not exist unless the zerotier-one Application is installed. I was looking for a way to have zerotier-one command line installed without its GUI (Application) on macOS.

This is a very edge case as I prefer not to see any Application if the command line is available. If this is doable, any hints would be much appreciated.

You call it via zerotier-cli. You may have to use sudo zerotier-cli in order to use it. I assure you it is installed, however.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I guess I should rephrase my question to “How to install zerotier-one command line on macOS without installing zerotier-one Application?”

Is it a good idea to compile it from source code without GUI related stuff?

The CLI and Tray UI are both part of the same pkg installer. You cannot install just one or the other.

zerotier-one is open source. IMO, it may be possible to create a pkg installer with CLI only. I was looking for hints to do so. But it is okay if nobody knows…

We don’t offer an installer with only the CLI version

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.