ZeroTier with PLC

The idea is to build the following structure with several machines where all the PLCs have the same IP address and the Raspberry, with a different IP, would close the bridge with the controller, using the Internet to access the Raspberry.
On the structure of the network there would be doubts about the same IP. If a network is created for each machine, would different network names work, with the same network configuration in the image?
The idea is that using Raspiberry will isolate the same IP address from machines on the same network.
The different network names would be created on the ZeroTier website.

I’m not quite following what you’re trying to do here, and I’m not familiar with PLC.

Are you saying you want 3 devices joined to the network to all have the same IP address? If so, that’s not going to work on ZeroTier, or any physical or WiFi network either. Each device on a zerotier network need a unique IP address just like every device on a physical network needs a unique IP address.

Multiple networks likely won’t work for this either. For each device with the same IP address you also need a route to address the network where the IP falls within that route’s range. If you have 3 networks with the same address space, the Pi won’t know which network adapter to send data out via.

Theoretically, you might be able to add some sort of load balancer on the Pi so you can route access to the PLCs behind it, but I’m not sure how that would work exactly, not being familiar with what you’re trying to do.

zt-grand,
Thanks for your prompt help.
I think I made it complicated by exposing the idea as a whole, perhaps, I would have to explain it in small parts. Let’s think first of two Windows computers where one computer communicates with the other using ZeroTier over the Internet.
The other computer, a notebook, accesses the internet via WiFi and has a device A with a fixed IP connected to the notebook’s Ethernet port. This equipment A is isolated from the WiFi network.
What I need is everything that arrives at ZeroTier goes to equipment A and everything that leaves equipment A goes to ZeroTier.
I tried to bridge with the right mouse button between the virtual IP and the equipment A or through the properties of network connections doing the Sharing but it didn’t work.

A diagram is worth a thousand words, as the old saying goes.

At the least you would need a route to 192.168.1.10/32 in Zerotier via the ZT IP for “Notebook Windows Zerotier Client”.
You might need to do some messing around with the firewall or interface settings to get it to actually route traffic as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.