Android 1.10.3 Problems continued

To help with the problem-solving… I have a problem when using two Android devices - a phone and a tablet (using either wifi or GSM) to access a BlueIris server on a Windows PC. No problems accessing the server via another Windows PC. All had been working fine until recently. Details as follows:

Android Phone: Redmi Note 11 (MIUI version 13.0.3, Android version 12.SKQ1.211103.001): Zerotier: 1.10.3.3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (SM-x200) Android version 13; Zerotier: 1.10.3.3

(Both devices initially go online but then drop to offline after a while)

Windows PC - Windows 10 operating system operating; BlueIris server (https://blueirissoftware.com/): Zerotier: 1.10.4

Peter

This seems to have resolved it for me.

Yesterday I removed ZT1 from both of my Android devices.
Installed ZT1 via the apk link and got v 1.8.6-1
Both devices worked.
Today they both updated to v 1.10.3-3 and both not working again.
Re-installing 1.8.6-1 via apk link and disabling auto update.
Waiting for word from ZT devs acknowledging they are working on a patch.
v 1.10.3-3 clearly does not work.

My android device is a realme 8 and my device hasn’t a node address set
what can I do?

I also can not get an Android phone to work. Was flawless for months (years?) prior to update.

Running a OnePlus 8, using Zero Tier to connect to a Blue Iris Security Server/PC (Windows 10) over Starlink. Outside of the BI server, I can remote into the system via other sources (AnyDesk) no problem (AnyDesk does not need Zero Tier).

Its basically worthless now. It disconnects by itself, and most of the time even when it says its “connected”, I can’t establish communication with the System.

Went from “It just works” to “It never works” in one update. Confidence is your execution is gone; esp considering the number of complaints and the fact you haven’t figured out at this point you probably need to roll back while you get your $hit together.

1 Like

App Version updated 4 days ago (now 13/03/23) to 1.10.3.3 and like @agowans427 mentions app has become unusable overnight. Connects to a network but goes offline when I move to another app, i.e. for viewing my cameras, slider bar shows connected but says offline at the bottom of the screen. Also I do not get the status notification at the top of the screen “the Key shaped icon”, although Zerotier notifications are enabled in the phones notifications settings. Great pity because it has worked well ever since I started using it. Just installed 1.10.5 PC version and all seems fine there. Hope this gets sorted soon

1 Like

We’re looking into the additional issues. From what @brenton.bostick said in this morning’s meeting, he’s found a way to reproduce some of the issues reported, but only in difficult to debug situations. It only happens in Release builds and can take a significant amount of time to reproduce sometimes, which slows down the debug cycle further.

The previous release is still available from our download page if you wish to downgrade in the meantime. Sorry for the issues, and thank you for your help and patience in solving the issues.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for responding.
It’s either something in your latest release build, or something Google/Android did, probably the former. Can you not recover the previously known good build and release it with an up-reved ver to bypass Google’s versioning restrictions…?

1 Like

Just installed v1.10.4-2. No improvement whatsoever! Even when app says connected I cannot access my LAN devices by wifi nor 4G. Not in a position to see what shows in dashboard .
This is starting to get seriously concerning.

1 Like

Just updated one of my Android device to 1.10.4
The issue has not been fixed
Device showing online on my ZT dashboard, but the device is not connecting to the net resources.
1.10.4 IS NOT a fix.
Rolling back to the stable 1.8.6
We have the 1.8.6 apk on google drive if anyone needs the link (in case ZT changes their apk link to a failed version)

HI, same here, installed update 1.10.4, problem not fixed.

@jason.piazza yes would link the link to the 1.8.6 apk please if you could share. Thanks

Now on 1.10.5-1. Getting better on both Motorolas. More stable, icons appear on android11 but not android 12. Both can again access Ubuntu and Win10 shares and RaspI Home Assistant interface but not RasPI Home Assistant samba shares or Win11 shares.
Keep trying guys!
Further update. Just discovered that the above only applies with wifi connection - attempting via 4G on Android 12 Moto complete fail, nothing connects. Android 11 Moto has no SIM so cannot test.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1foqNF05Ws5Vj6TdYwe64zZ1VJYmDeZlZ/view?usp=share_link

1 Like

Thanks Jason…appreciate it

Update 1.10-5 installed today, still having same issue

Curious which version on Android your device is on?
I have one on Android 11 and it works with 1.10.5
The other is Android 12 and doesn’t work with 1.10.5

I think I am using Android 12. Its a little difficult to tell I have a Huawei Mate 20. I cannot find a specific entry that gives the Android version in the “About Phone” menu in the Settings (followed a couple of Youtube videos to check aswell) but there is not an entry for it. However there is an EMUI No. which lists 12, and a build number that lists 12. Further there a “Custom Entry” section which lists EE GB and 12 (The phone was originally from EE)

Tried version 1.10.5 today and it did not work. Will see if I can depreciate to 1.8.6 you nicely supplied the APK for

Thanks

1 Like

I have installed 1.8.6 on Android and the latest versions on windows/linux and it works. Android got a new ID so I had to authorize it again.

thanks @underwood.de.vu good to know. Will try this over the weekend

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.