(Android) Zerotier keep stop working after 1.10.3 update

Pixel 6A

Uninstalled ZT and reinstalled. Worked for a few hours then died.

Does ZT care? I understand it is free for personal use, but my confidence is slipping.

I like ZT, but Tailscale or free mesh from NordVPN my be my next move.

We are continuing to investigate & fix issues as they arise. The issues many of you are seeing are unfortunately not universal, and rather hard to debug. We’re fixing them as fast as we can.

FWIW, my system (Pixel 7 on Android 13 connecting to Blue Iris on a Windows PC) started working again last week and had been stable.

1 Like

Same problem here!
All the Android devices have a problem.
Zerotier please fix this or give a solution!

1.10.5-4 NOT connecting.

Back to 1.8.6 on Samsung tablet S4

Client version 1.10.6-1 has just been released and it appears (so far) to have improved the Android connection stability issue.

Installed 1.10.6-1 on my Galaxy 10e phone and still no connection with my BlueIris server. But now I see the key at the top of the screen that was not there before. One little step forward but no cigar yet.

One more good point, ZT has stayed online for many hours now, which was not the case before that update.

It says connected but going to Blue Iris or Home Assistant is flaky
1.10.6-2

Key back. But Blue Iris port “refused connection”.

Closer …

Update. The not functionning connection with Blue Iris was my fault, in BlueIris server setup on my phone, the Server LAN address was my house LAN address, I changed it to the Managed IP provided by ZT and Bingo, it works again. With a more much more stable ZT on Android, all of this is good news.

Installed 1.10.6 version and managed to connect again! It seems it fixed the problem! Thank you!

Hello, 1.10.6-2 is working for me add the moment on a Xiaomi mi9.
I hope it will stay this way!
Next month I will pass the 25 nodes so keep up the work and I will use this app in the future.
Thx zerotier

Updated my Android 12 device from 1.8.6 to 1.10.6-2
Had to reconnect to our net and check ZT1 settings after update.
Re-connection was instant and appears to be stable.
TY ZT Devs for the fix (we were looking to subscribe to another vpn service over the Android issue).

Hello, 1.10.6-2 is working on Samsung tablets (Active Pro and S4).
Thank you ZT.

Hey Michel
I been fighting ZT VS Blueiris5 for over 30days… ugh! hopefully you can send some guidance.
I have the desktop with ZT & has blueiris5.
ZT central is showing the desktop “on line” along with my android phone that also has ZT. . so we are good at that point
The key is at the top on my phone. another good…
this is where things get goofy,
ZT not stable at all on the phone. I have vs 1.10.6-2
You mentioned you put the “Managed IP”( I take it your talking about the desktop ZT IP that has BI???) in the "LAN of the phone?.
is the WAN on phone even used??? when off site -currently I have the desktop ZT “manage IP” # in that…
and my local IP in the LAN (local works great without ZT!!!)
I take it you must mirror the desktop LAN and WAN # to match the phone?
sorry really new at this ZT stuff and don’t wont to give you flashbacks!,.
I’m ready to toss it out the window!
SOS
Dean

sorry for the frustration.
when you’re at home, and the phone is on the same the wifi as the blue iris machine, can you connect to blue iris over zerotier?

are there blue iris + zerotier instructions out there somewhere that everyone is using that I can look at?

Hey Travis,
Thank you for pinging in!!.
I just came across some strange things.when checking your question you asked.
In this order,

When I’m NOT on house network WiFi with my phone and using cell tower and I then turn ZT network ON on android phone (using ZT v 1.10.6-2), after I’m connected to ZT network, I CAN connect NO issues to blueirris5 machine. (windows 7 with ZT v…1.6.6)

If I then turn house network WiFi ON (on phone) and use LAN address to check that way, I get BlueIris5 machine NO issues.

However, .

When I turn OFF house network WiFi (to use cell tower again, remember I have not turned OFF ZT on phone from above…) I CAN NOT log into blueiris5 machine without turning OFF ZT network THEN back ON…

This is a temp fix (now I know the “work around” procedure and hopefully it will help others) but do you know the reason for this and a possible fix?? I would like to just keep ZT ON 24-7 on my phone and my WiFi also so I can reach the Blueiris machine whenever / wherever without thinking about what "network " I’m using.

Note:: I have in the past had all network items using v.1 10.6-2 but trying to trouble shoot this issues I downgraded the windows 7 machine to 1.6.6 as the ZT web page requested but still have the above issues.
Thanks again for your time let me know what you think is happening
Dean

Thanks for writing that up. It might reconnect after 5 or 10 minutes.
You might be stuck with the work-around for now.

1.6.x is supposed to be the latest that will run on Windows 7. That’s interesting that 1.10.x worked at all.

Back from travels where I didn’t dare switch from Android v1.8.6 (which worked perfectly throughout). Now I’ve upgraded to v1.10.6.2 - and it appears to work equally well! Wonderful - but it would be nice to know which enhancements/fixes/security issues were bundled into this upgrade to make this convoluted and less than successful upgrade worthwhile.