Ping other system out of ZeroTier IP

Hello, how do I have to configure ZeroTier to be able to reach the local ip (192.168.10.9) of my device where I have ZeroTier installed (192.168.195.9) and those that I have on that network. In windows server 2012 I have set the iprouting to 1 in regedit, but I only get to that one, not the rest. In managed routers I have set to reach 192.168.10.0/24 through the server 192.168.195.9 but it does not work.

1. I asume you aleady have set up “managed routes” in my.zerotier.com with something like: “192.168.10.0/23 via 192.168.195.9”. All ZT clients need to have “Allow Managed Addresses” enabled (default I think).

2. Check that “packet forwarding” is enabled on all the intended windows interfaces by using Powershell:
    Get-NetIPInterface | ft InterfaceIndex, InterfaceAlias, AddressFamily, ConnectionState, Forwarding

3. If not, use Powershell to enable packet forwarding with either the parameter “InterfaceIndex” or “InterfaceAlias” as in the examples below:
    a) enable packet forwarding using the “InterfaceIndex”:
    Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceIndex 41,45 -Forwarding Enabled
    b) enable packet forwarding using the interface names “InterfaceAlias”
    Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceAlias "ZeroTier*" -Forwarding Enabled
    Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceAlias "Local Area Connection" -Forwarding Enabled

4. Verify that the route to the ZeroTier network 192.168.195 is working by pinging the gateway 192.168.195.9 from any outside node on the local network (192.168.10). This assumes that “Core Networking Diagnostics - ICMP Echo Request” is enabled in the Windows Firewall.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.